Fisher&Paykel Bubble CPAP System
The F&P Bubble CPAP System has been developed based upon 30 years of proven clinical benefits as an effective method of providing respiratory support to spontaneously breathing neonates. It is designed to provide an all-in-one system combining efficacy and ease of use.
Most respiratory diseases of the neonate occur as a result of the immaturity of the premature neonate's lungs. The respiratory system is underdeveloped and adequate gas exchange cannot take place. With this, there is a need for respiratory support.
Bubble CPAP with the combined effects of CPAP and pressure oscillations from the bubbles provides a lung protective, safe and effective method of respiratory support to spontaneously breathing neonates.
The Delivery System
- Easy to maintain
- Maintains constant CPAP
- Closed system ensures safety by minimizing the risk of contamination
- Single-heated circuit
- Provides even heat distribution across the tube reducing heat loss and condensate build up
- Delivers optimal humidity to the neonate keeping a patent airway and allowing ease of suctioning
- Pressure Manifold
- Ensures patient safety by limiting the pressure delivered in an event of an occlusion
- Allows connection to a pressure monitoring device or an air/oxygen analyzer
- CPAP probe allows ease of pressure setting from 3 to 10 cmH2O
- Auto-level mechanism ensures constant mean CPAP pressure
- Detachable overflow container allows continuous CPAP while removing excess water from condensate
- Easy mounting using an F&P humidifier bracket
- Low resistance to flow resulting to low Work of Breathing (WOB)
- Patented glider technology ensures proper fit preventing undue pressure-causing necrosis
- Supports various caring positions like prone, supine, lateral, etc.
- Collapsible extension tubing allows ease of circuit positioning and provides various length options to manage condensate
- Soft, pliable and gentle on the babyâ€™s nares
- Anatomically curved for a comfortable fit
- Available in 9 sizes based on prong diameter and width of septum
- Has the largest bore possible to reduce resistance to flow and Work of Breathing (WOB)
- Septum cut-away prevents septum necrosis
- Holds the nasal tubing in place for ease of setup
- Can open top to allow clinical procedures like ultrasound
- Available in 4 sizes that are designated by the head circumference
- Sizes are sewn on the bonnet for easy identification